Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Day

















This is just a very simple page to tell my story of a day in my life. I've picked a normal routine day to take these photographs. As you can see, my everyday life is pretty simple and scheduled. I've had fun using some of my Archaic line of papers from Basic Grey here.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've painted using a brush (dry) with black acrylic paint all around the layout to further distressed it and give a frame effect to it.
2) There are actually various layers of pattern papers and card stocks underneath the photographs. I've also added some stitching around there. All card stocks, pattern papers and photographs had been distressed using the scissors technique.
3) All the transparent clocks are actually from the tip "Recycle your Clear Stamps Packaging". I've added some doodling, stitching, rub-ons and brads to it.
4) I've used the "Pattern Papers as Templates for Stitching" technique to stitched the flourishes on the left and painted in between them using some water colours.
5) I've also stitched the big circle on the right.
6) I've used some black and white acrylic paints to paint around the photographs and the journaling. For details, I've added various rub-ons too.
7) I've used some left over pattern papers to cut out the word "DAY" for the title.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Rub-ons: Basic Grey; Brads: Making Memories; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Others: Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, acrylic paint (Making Memories ), watercolours.

10 comments:

Britta Swiderski said...

I love the simplicity of the tan, black, and white color scheme. Your layouts are always so wonderful and intricate. Thank you for being so inspiring!

dragonflys said...

oh wow irene the coloring is fabulous on this .
the clocks are just the perfect touch for this layout goes with the title.
the used of b/w and color photo's works so well together on this page.
and more awesome stitching
just WOW

Marsha said...

LOVE how you documented your day!! Beautiful layout

Jane F. Smith said...

wow...your amazing!! This is so stunning Irene!! I would hang this some where if I you!!! The photos are awesome as well...the whole product just amazes me!

Ying Pang, said...

this is stunning and a little bit different from the styles you used to:-))Great! Your music remind me of my choir's competition song:-))

The Dolphin Inn said...

Cool page Irene, love the stitched detailing TFS XXX

TesaB said...

This is so freakin' awesome!!! Beautiful colors, stiching and gorgeous photos!!! LOVE it!

Carla said...

Once again another GREAT lay out...with all the fabulous techniques.....Im so hoping one day I will come back to your blog, pick a technique and try it...one day! Time is a HUGE factor for me.......

Mescrap said...

Beautiful like always

Jamie Pyles said...

Stunning, I love the dramatic effect, of the colors! Awesome photos! You really have a fantastic eye!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin