Friday, July 4, 2008
Alcohol Inked Ornaments
These are some embellishments that I've created for my recent layout. It's actually very simple and add that extra little touch to your Christmas layouts or you can even use it to decorate your tree this Christmas. What about creating some cards using them?...endless possibilities.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Cut out some circles of transparencies. You can cut out various sizes of circles for different sizes ornaments.
2) Using an alcohol ink applicator and some alcohol ink, stamped all over the circles in a few layers. For the red ornament, I've used cranberry, expresso, butterscotch, gold mixatives and blending solution. For the green ornament, I've used meadow, oregano, expresso, butterscotch, gold mixatives and blending solution.
3) When the alcohol inked surfaces dried, use some acrylic paint to paint the edges of the circles.
4) The next step is to use some solvent ink and some snowflakes stamps (you can absolutely use any stamps here), stamped on the alcohol inked surfaces.
5) Use a white gel doodling pen or paint marker to highlight the details to it and for some bling, add some giltters (Stickles) to it too.
6) When it's all dry, start adding some embellishment to it. (laces, ribbons, flowers, beads, sequins....absolutely anything you could think of)
With that, you'll have your very own alcohol inked ornaments.