Recently, I've came across lots of swapping of stamped images among COFs and bloggers. I've also received some stamped images from some of my friends too. Of course, there are some limitations as compared to the actual stamps but I guess with a little creativity, there should not be a problem in using them.
I've used some stamped images in my recent CJ introduction page. Here are some ideas to dress it up.
1) Colour it using watercolours, colour pencils, distress inks, or even crayon.
2) Inked the edges for some shades.
3) Print it onto some pattern paper.
4) Add glitter or bling to it.
5) Stamp another image on top of it.
6) Heat embossed it.
7) Add some 3 dimensional accents to it.
8) Embellish it with flowers, brads or even eyelets.
9) To add some dimensions to it, you can attached it to your project using foam adhesives or use a piece of chipboard to layer it.
There are so many possibilities to it and saves you tons of money on some one time stamps. Hope this tip could help some of you who had emailed me regarding this topic.