Today had been a very emotional day for our family. My husband has to fly to overseas for a short business trip for a week. Ryan had been so emotional and just couldn't take it. He missed his daddy from the moment his dad step out the door. This is a layout that he actually requested that I do it for him to dedicate it to his dad who I believe is still in the air. He hope that his daddy could see it when he is able to get online. He just wants his daddy to know how much he loves him and want him to come home soon.
The steps to this layout are as below.
1) I've layered a few pieces of pattern papers and later did some reverse masking of two big circles to create a more layered look.
2) All the pattern papers and the photographs had been distressed using the scissors technique.
3) I've used an alcohol inked glossy paper to stamped the flowers and flourishes and later cut it out to get the cool marble look on it.
4) The small piece of square on the upper right corner is actually an embossed card stock which had been inked with distress inks. To further distress it, I've also added some sprinkle of water on it.
5) I've hand drawn and cut out the huge "F' for the title and later painted and stamped on it. I've added some glossy accents to it to get a glossy dimensional look.
6) All the clock images are stamped. Two of them are stamped on grey crafting foam and another two on pattern paper and card stock. I've added a layer of white felt for the crafting foam clocks to give a softer look to it. The clocks actually resembles the time that Ryan has to wait for his dad to come home.
7) The journaling box are actually stamped and attached to the layout using foam adhesives for more dimension.
8) To finish up this layout, I've added some doodling and rub-ons all over it.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic Papers, Pattern Papers: Paper Pizazz, Ink: Ranger Alcohol Inks, Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, ColorBox, Staz On, Emboss It and Memories, Rub-ons: Heidi Grace, Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Impression Obsession, Norsk Stempelblad AS, Art Warehouse, Heidi Swapp, Brads: The Paper Studio, Queen&Co Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, acrylic paint, glossy accents (Ranger Ink).