This is my latest therapeutic layout. I've been working on this layout throughout the night for about 5 hours. Things just don't seem to slow down and going in the right way at my end. Therefore, as a therapeutic measure, I've scrap this page hoping to dedicate it to all my readers who are moms or moms to be. Most importantly, it is also dedicated to my mom. She had been hospitalized with an emergency bypass surgery. It's just such a sad moment to be having all these things happened when Mother's Day is just round the corner. Anyway, I do hope that all mothers could feel at least a little love through this page.
Anyway, here are the steps t this layout.
1) I've used various stitching techniques to stitch on this page. As mothers do reminds me of one who always stitched up old clothes or quilt for their kids, I've decided to go all crazy on stitching in this page. I've used the two-tones zig-zag and cross-stitch stitching techniques here. I've added glass beads to it too.
2) I've also create a masking of a semi-circle on the bottom of the page.
3) I've used a grungeboard letter "a" on this page. I've first inked it using my sponge and later use a black soot distress ink pad to directly rub on top of it to raise the textures.
4) I've used some cranberry, oregano, expresso, meadow alcohol ink to create a marbled effect alcohol inked glossy paper. Later, I've cut out flowers out of it in two sizes. A good and kind friend of mine had cut the flourishes using her cutting machine and sent them to me. I've lightly inked them before attaching them onto the layout.
5) I've used the scissors technique and some inking to distress all the tags, photograph and the pattern paper.
6) I've attached a piece of inked paper doiley underneath the flowers and flourishes.
Lastly, I wish all mothers a very Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic Papers, Pattern Papers: Basic Grey, Ink: Ranger Alcohol Inks, Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, ColorBox, Stamps: Making Memories, Autumn Leaves, Stickers: Phrase Cafe, Brads: MakingMemories, Others: Grungeboard, Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, vellum.