This is a guest designing assignment for "A Kiss On the Chic" using their June's Love Kit. This is such a gorgeous kit and had made my designing work so much easier. It's full of romantic and feminine selections.
Here are the steps.
1) Use a chipboard based Inivisibles as the base for this layout. Cut out a huge round masking template from scraps and paste it in the middle using a temporary adhesives. Ink all around the Invisibles using Weathered Wood, Black Soot and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece with a lace cut border (use a deco scissors) from a pattern paper. Ink it with distress ink and add it to the left of the page.
3) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique. and add it in the middle of the layout. Decorate it upper right with some liquid pearls.
4) Add a thin strip (cut using a deco scissors) of pattern paper on the left of the photograph.
5) Add a corner overlay on the upper left of the page and a flower on it's corner. Use some liquid pearls and Stickles to dress it up.
6) Layer a strip of felt border on the bottom of the photograph and detail it with some Stickles. (Add two rings and some brads with a ribbon in the middle of the felt heart). Layer a die cut heart (dress it up with a black pen and liquid pearls) and the "Love" sticker (ink it with distress ink and add some glossy accents on it. Attach it using foam adhesive.) on the left of the strip.
7) Punch some holes on the right edge of the masked circle and creating some lacing using a ribbon.
8) Add a circle die cut tag/overlay on the right of the strip and a small flower on top of it. Use some Stickles and liquid pearls to dress it up.
9) Ink a die cut Invisibles with some Distress Ink and attach it to the lower right of the photograph. Add some flowers, a mesh, a pin, pearl and some paper sentiments to it. Use some Stickles to detail it.
10) Lastly, use some liquid pearls on the part of the edges of the masked circle and on some of the swirl images on the borders of the page.
This is my first time using Invisibles and I can't wait to play with it more!! Hope you all like my first encounter with them....lol!
Sources: Pattern Papers: Heidi Swapp; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Sticker: Heidi Swapp; Others: Ranger Distress Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Glossy Accents, Maya Roads, Prima flowers and felt border, pearl adhesive and pin, ribbons, deco brads, rings, Zip Dry, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.