Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Mom

This is another project that I've created for Creative Cuts and More. I've used some of their die cut chipboard hardware and frames in this layout.

Here are the steps.

1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this page. Distress it suing the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink. Mat it onto a card stock.

2) Add a strip of pattern paper on the left of the page. Ink it's edges with distress ink first before attaching it to the page.

3) Use the clock masking template by Tim Holtz's idea-ology and some distress ink to mask the clock image on the upper left of the page. Later, sprinkle some water on it to get the water distressing effect.

4) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and use a sanding block to distress it's borders. Add it to the page.

5) Use another timeworks mask and some acrylic paint to mask on the upper left corner of the photograph.

6) Cut out another small strip of pattern paper and create ruffles with it. Place it vertically on the lower left of the photograph. Hand stitch a vertical line on the left of the page.

7) I've used some die cut chipboard hardware and frames from CCM and treated them with the "Creating your Faux Metal Pieces" technique. Add the photo holders with some brads on the upper left and right of the photograph. Add the handle vertically with brads over the paper ruffles.

8) I've printed a quote on a vellum attach it to the lower right of the photograph. Paste the frame over it and dress it up with some liquid pearls.

9) I've added the negatives of some Prima felt flourishes on the bottom of the photograph. Ink it with distress ink and dress it up with Stickles. (Tip: try to recycle some of the negatives from your felt embellishment)

10) Add the title to the frame/book plate and attach it to the page with brads.

11) Add some flowers randomly on the page and dress it up with some Stickles and liquid pearls.

This is actually a Mother's Day gift that I've created for my mom for the upcoming Mother's Day. I hope that she like it.

Sources: Die Cut Products: Creative Cuts and More; Pattern Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology mask, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, vellum,brads, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

22 comments:

Lynn Biermann said...

OOOh this is beautiful Irene!! I love the quote in the circle frame! awesome work!! Your mom will love this!!

jacque4u2c said...

This is so elegant - just beautiful!

ledesma said...

WOW Irene!!!! this is stunning and the picture is nice too.

Karina Beck said...

WOW, beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Love your lo Irene!! All the layers, the details and masking! You make me want to quit my job today and only scrap! LOL! Hugs Pia

mininessie said...

three generations!
a beautiful LO...and thanks for the tips :D

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful Irene!! I'm sure your Mom will LOVE it. Such a special gift!!!

Gra Sandel said...

Beautiful!! so elegant!!
I love it!!
Hugs!
Gra.

Nilla said...

Lovely LO and thanks for sharing, see you soon! from Nilla

Anonymous said...

Your Mom will adore this gift. It is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

oh your mom is going to love this gift. It is so beautiful

Jo-Anne Picker

Nikki Love said...

your mom is just as beautiful as you are!! Loved seeing your vellum butterflies and your layout in the recent mags!!! Congrats!

shirl said...

Hi Irene, Great layout and I'm sure your Mom will be thrilled with it and enjoy sharing with her friends. You are always so generous in sharing your techniques with us. I download them onto my computer so when I'm away from the internet at the trailer for the summer I have them handy to refer to when I'm doing layouts. Thanks for sharing your talent. Shirl

NANN said...

It s a wonderful page ...soft ambiance but colored just like we like it ! You did a great job... Big kiss from Brussels/ Belgium.

Mescrap said...

Beautiful LO.
Your mom, you and your daughter ... 3 generation in a photo

Vanessa said...

Your mom will love this! And not just because her daughter made it (it's a long way from macaroni necklaces in first grade!), but because it is so eye-catching!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Irene, your mom is going to love it!!

I saw your design and tutorial in my most recent issue of Creating Keepsakes, and I knew it was made by you even before I saw your name :). Just wanted to drop by and say congrats on the publication! {HUGS!} Jess

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and congrats on being the April Guest Designer for CC&M!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

What an absolutely amazingly BEAUTIFUL page!!!!!!
i so love all the techniques, you've shown..... awesome work... and I love that quote!!!!!

Pamela Smerker said...

Absolutely stunning!

Carla said...

Irene, this is nothing short of exquisite. Seriously. I don't even know where to start, so I'm going to leave it at that!!

phamil said...

I love the colors in this beautiful page. And you do masking like nobody else!!! This is totally gorgeous!!! Love this special page!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin