Monday, April 6, 2009

Creating a Moss Effect


Isn't this cool? I just love this different way in distressing. We used to distress our embellishments or pages using some darker tones to resemble old aged or burnt effect.

I was inspired by some real moss that I came along while having a walk. We all know that moss grows through a period of time. Therefore, it does shows that a surface had been left untouched for some time and is aging.

To create this moss effect, simply apply some Peeled Paint Distress Stickles randomly on your embellishment or surfaces and spread it out using your fingers. Add as much of Distress Stickles as you want and let it dry. Isn't this a fast and easy technique? Try it and start having some moss effect on your projects.

5 comments:

CK Chai said...

Wow, this is simply cool! The effect looks so real!

Tammy said...

Once again another awesome technique! You truly have an artists mind to keep coming up with all these distressing tips!! I guess I have a hard time thinking outside my box!! Thanks Irene!!

mininessie said...

love the effect!!

Carolyn said...

That is so awesome! I love the look of it! How did you get the rusty look on your frame beside the dream tag?

Paulien van den Bosch said...

yep... this is really cool!!!!
Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin