This is my second project as Mon Scrapbook.com's GDT this month. It's a layout with a few fun and easy techniques. If you have not tried masking, this is the chance for you to start masking.
Here are the steps to this layout.
1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this layout and use the "Create a Fancy Frame with Masking" technique to create the frame around it’s edges.
2) Cut out another small piece of rectangular from a pattern paper and distress it’s edges with the scissors distressing technique. Paste it slightly tilted at the bottom of the page.
3) Cut out another huge piece of rectangular from a pattern paper and distress it’s edges using the scissors distressing technique. Paste it in the middle of the page.
4) Distress the edges of both photographs and ink it’s edges with distress ink. Add it to the page. I’ve stamped the word “Blooming” on one of the photograph using black solvent ink.
5) Hand stitch two strips horizontally on the upper edge of the huge rectangular piece of pattern paper.
6) Add a felt branch on the upper right of the page and ink a grungeboard bird with some distress ink and paint some highlight to it using shimmerz. Add a crystal too for it’s eye. Add it to the branch.
7) Add some buttons and a dimensional sticker on the upper left of the huge rectangular pattern paper.
8) Stencil or reverse mask a circle on the bottom right of the page and while the mask is still intact, stamp some images on it using solvent ink. Later, add details to the images and highlight the circle using Stickles.
9) Use some alpha stickers to form the title and paint part of the edges of the alphas with Shimmerz.
10) Punch two holes on the bottom left of the huge rectangular pattern paper and tie a ribbon to it.
11) Use the "Ink on Vinyl" technique to colour a vinyl swirl sticker and attach it to the left of the page. Add some Stickles to it too.
12) Add a strip of trim horizontally across the swirl and the photographs.
13) Paint the petals of the flower with Shimmerz and add it to the page with some velvet leaves.
14) Add some sticker tab and circles on the right edges of the photograph and doodle some details to it using a white gel pen.
I wish everyone a Happy Spring with this layout and hope you all had a great Easter!
Sources: Pattern Paper: Memento; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Queen Kat Designs; Stickers: American Crafts, October Afternoon, 7 Gypsies; Others: Tim Holtz’s idea-ology grungeboard and masks, Ranger Stickles, Inkssentials Opaque Pen, Zig Writers, Prima flowers and felt, Shimmerz, trim, floss for stitching, crystal, buttons, ribbons, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.