This is my first project for Mon Scrapbook.com as their guest designer this month. They've sent me this cool line of pattern papers by Memento to work with.
Here are the steps to this card.
1) Use a white card stock as the base for this card. Run it through an embossing machine.
2) Cut out a pocket piece (Just cut a rectangular piece first and use a round chipboard to draw the half circle and cut it out) from a pattern paper. Ink it's edges with distress ink and hand stitch around it's edges. Paste it to the card.
3) Ink some grungeboard flowers with distress ink (I've used fired bricks, black soot, vintage photo). Add some gold liquid pearls to it. Add it to the card.
4) Cut out another small rectangular piece from the pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. I've stamped a butterfly on it and mat it onto a black card stock. Add it to the card. Dress up the butterfly using some Stickles and highlight it with a white gel pen. I've also draw some journaling lines using it.
5) Paint a chipboard frame using crackle paint and later use the "Creating Moss Effect" technique on it. Punch two holes on it's side and tie some ribbons to it. Attach it to the card and add a dimensional sticker as the sentiment of the card in it's center.
6) I've cut out a butterfly from the pattern papers and attach it to the card using foam adhesives. Ink it's edges with distress ink too.
7) I've distressed some flowers using the "Distress your Flowers with Punchers" technique and add a button to finish it off before attaching to the card.
Hope you all like this simple card tutorial. Things had been way more crazy than I expected here at my new home. Loads of finishing touches to get done and even more to unpack and get organized.
Last Saturday had been a fun day for me doing a workshop for the pre-school teachers here and I'll be doing one more workshop in Kuala Lumpur this coming Saturday. It's going to be a fun filled acrylic day!
Guess I better get back to more unpacking now. Will try to post the rest of my projects for Mon Scrapbook.com sometime this week. Thank you for keep checking back on my blog even when I'm away.
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Memento; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stickers: K& Company; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles and Distress Stickles, Ranger Distress Crackle Paint, Tim Holtz idea-ology grungeboard, Inkssentials Opaque pen, Prima flowers, floss for stitching, button, ribbon, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.