Here are the steps to it.
1) Use Clear Scraps XL Deco shape as the base for this page. Highlight it's edges with a paint marker.
2) Cut out a huge frame piece from the "Memento" pattern paper and paste it in the middle of the page.
3) Cut out a rectangular piece from another pattern paper and distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with distress ink and hand stitch around it's edges before attaching it to the page.
4) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique and ink it's edges. Run it upper right and lower left corner through an embossing machine and lightly sand it with a sanding block or sand paper. Add it to the page.
5) Use two sizes of Tim Holtz's idea-ology masking templates (Timeworks) and some distress ink to mask on the left of the page. Add details to it using a white gel pen.
6) Cut out another wave piece from the "Memento" pattern paper and paste ti to the bottom of the page. Add some Stickles to it.
7) To accentuate the actions in the photograph, I've added two circle stickers on the right of the photograph and created some circle embellishment. I've used three acrylic circle pieces from Clear Scraps. Add some Magic Mesh/Dottie Ann to the two smaller circles. Run the big circle through an embossing machine and ink it with alcohol ink. Add some colour to it using a paint marker. Add all three circles to the page.
8) The "A" is a sticker and I've hand doodled a circle using a white gel pen around it.
9) Ink a grungeboard "B" with distress ink and add some glossy accents to it. Layer a piece of pattern paper under it. The "L" is a foam sticker which I've added some Stickles to it. The "a" is a cut out alpha and the "S" is a grungeboard alpha inked with distress ink. The "t" is a puffy alpha.
I hope that I've succeed in bringing the mood and happenings in the photograph out into the layout. I've tried to create the feel of fun movements in the design of the layout. Could you feel the fun energy in this page?
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Paper: Memento; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink; Stickers: 7 Gypsies; Others: Ranger Glossy Accents, American Crafts Thickers (Puffy),Tim Holtz’s idea-ology masking templates and grungeboard, Ranger Stickles, Inkssentials Opaque Pen, EKSuccess Zig Painty, Magic Mesh/Dottie Ann, sanding block, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.