Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adventure ATC

Here's another ATC that I've created using Clear Scraps acrylic ATC pieces.

To create one of this ATC, follow the steps below.

1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic ATC piece as the base for this ATC.

2) To distress it, use the "Emboss on Edges to Distress" technique and later ink it with alcohol ink. In my example, I've used Denim, Espresso, Silver Mixatives and Gold Mixatives alcohol inks. Use some solvent ink to stamp some old script to it too.

3) Cut out a piece of pattern paper and use the "Extreme Punching to Distress" technique to distress it. Ink it's edges with distress ink and paste it on the bottom from the back of the acrylic ATC.

4) I've printed some vintage images from my computer and cut them out. Ink their edges with distress ink and add them to the ATC. The hand is added using foam adhesives to give some dimension to the ATC.

5) I've stamped the "Adventure" stamp image using solvent ink onto a card stock and cut it out. Ink it's edges with distress ink and highlight some areas with a white gel pen and liquid pearls.

6) I've painted the metal embellishment with some alcohol ink to match this ATC and later use a sanding block to sand it's surface a little to remove some of the ink on it. Add it to the ATC.

Hope you all like this ATC as well and decided to try creating one of these yourself. I'll be posting a stamp giveaway soon. Do keep an eye for it.

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps acrylic ATC; Card Stock: Bazzill; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Queen Kat Designs; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls,Ranger Blending Solution, Uni-ball Signo Gel pen, metal embellishment, Zip Dry, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

14 comments:

Lynna said...

Wow! Very cool ATC and maybe just what our group needs to try sometime. We get into a rut and then it gets boring, but this sure would spice up the group.
Thanks!!

Meital said...

you leave me breathless with every creation that you make!

Meital said...

You leave me breathless with every creation that you make!

Anonymous said...

Thud--that's me falling on the floor. Awesome!

mininessie said...

great work Irene!!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Amazing!

Vanessa said...

I love your tip on embossing and inking the edges! Must try!

Christina Carnoy said...

That ATC is really cool! I also wanted to congratulate you on working with Tim Holtz, you are totally worthy of this honor, I have always loved your style and the way you totally rock his techniques and create tons and tons of your own!!!

Anonymous said...

This ATC is beautiful Irene. I really love how you have embossed the edges and then used the Timsters distress inks. . . as he would say How cool is that!!!
Regards
Michelle M

Karina Beck said...

Wauw, i will have to lift this too.

Paulien van den Bosch said...

sigh...... dream dream dream
that is all I do, if I see your work hon!

Francoise MELZANI LAURENTI said...

this is gorgeous !!
great work !!

Rachel said...

Hi Irene, I've missed seeing your work...these are absolutely incredible :) Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Gio said...

I love it! The colours, the details, every part of it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin