Here are the steps.
1) Use a cardboard as the base for this tag. I've actually recycled an old clothes tag to create this tag. Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink all over it with distress ink.
2) Cut a rectangular piece from a white card stock and layer a small piece of pattern paper on it's lower left corner. Stamp on it's left border with the "hinge" stamp and black solvent ink. Stamp again on it's top using a "compass" stamp and distress ink. To colour this piece, use the "Crayon Resist" technique and distress it using the water distressing technique. Then, further distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink. Add it to the tag. Add a brad to the compass and highlight the "hinge" image with a gold pen.
3) I've added some stamps that I've collected to it and ink them a little with distress ink to create that distress look.
4) Stamp the "key" onto black card stock using perfect medium and dust over the image with some perfect pearls. Set it with a mist of water and let it dry. Cut it out and highlight it with a gold pen. Add it to the tag with a brad and a small metal charm.
5) Punch some holes on the left border of the tag and do some twine threading.
6) I've painted a paper clip/holder with some alcohol ink and add it to the tag.
7) Punch a hole on the top of the tag and add an eyelet to it. Tie a rope to it and add a pin with the title of the tag to it.
Hope you all like this little tag and start having some fun with more inks and stamping. If you want to try your luck in winning the "keys" stamp set, just scroll down and participate in my giveaway now. Good Luck!
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Hot Off The Press; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Queen Kat Designs; Others: gold pen, stamps, paper clip/holder, twine, rope, brads, pin, metal charm, eyelet, Helmar glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.