Sunday, October 5, 2008

Clear Christmas Ornament Card (Flower)





This is another version of my clear Christmas Ornament Card. I've tried not to stick with the traditional Christmas colours here. I've used various pattern papers and embellishment from Prima Marketing to create this card.
Here are the steps.
1) Cut out a circle from a transparency, acetate or acrylic sheets. (I've used transparency in my card above and you can create this card in any size you wish)
2) Ink the edges of the transparency using solvent ink. Apply the ink pad directly to the edges of the transparency at about 45 degree. (the colour of solvent ink depends on the colour that you wish for your card)

3) I've cut out some flowers, flourishes and pieces from Prima Angelique line of pattern papers to paste it to the card. Ink all the edges of the cut out pieces using distress ink. The rounded piece are paste from behind the card.
4) Add a strip of sheer ribbon across the cut out flowers and flourishes.
5) Add a Prima paper flower on the right of the card and attach a message tag to it too.
6) I've used Stickles to doodle a swirl on the background.
7) Add an eyelet to the top of the transparency and tie a ribbon/crafting wire/thread to it for hanging purposes.
I hope you all had enjoyed both of these tutorials and had created a version of your own. At this moment, I've doing some last minute packing for my trip to France. Hope to meet those of you, who are attending soon.

Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Prima Marketing; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Others: zig pens, Ranger Stickles, ribbon, eyelet, mini brad, crafting wire, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

4 comments:

Rleen said...

WOW! Irene, this is amazing! I love all the details. Fabulous job as always.

Melissa S. said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is really cool and it reminds me that I need to make some ornament that I had an idea for the other day. These are fantastic and the tutorials are great. Have fun in France. Melissa

Anonymous said...

So, so pretty. Irene, all your work is amazing and I so wish I could have half the talent you have. Thank you for all the inspiration, and for creating all the tutorials that you do. I am going to try making an ornament following your tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lovely Christmas ornament!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin