This is my third project using Queenscraps November Kit. Don't you just love how the pattern papers goes so well together. This is a layout about Chloe trying to smile for the camera while she is sucking on her thumb. It's so fun to capture those expression in progression.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Use the "Smoking Jacket" pattern paper as the base for this page. Ink it's edges using vintage photo distress ink.
2) Cut out a square piece from the reverse side of "Gentlemen's Bet" pattern paper and distress it using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with black soot distress ink and paste it slightly to the right of the page.
3) Cut out a rectangular piece from the "Gentlemen's Bet" pattern paper and distress it using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with vintage photo distress ink and paste it on top of the piece above.
4) Cut another small square piece from the "Riviera" pattern paper and distress it using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with vintage photo distress ink and paste it at the bottom right of the layers.
5) Distress all photographs using the "Using Steel Ruler on Photographs" technique and paste it horizontally in the middle of the page.
6) Hand stitch a circle on the upper right of the photograph using the "Dual Tones and Layer Stitching" technique. Hand stitch some lines on the upper left corner of the photographs too.
7) Use a strip of the Prima ribbon (included in the kit) to create ruffles below the photographs. Hand stitch them down and add some Prima brads (included in the kit) to it.
8) Add a strip using the Bazzill Just the Edge cardstock and detail it using some liquid pearls and a white pen.
9) Use a frame from My Little Yellow Bicycle (Vita Bella - Fresh Verse stickers included in the kit) and mat it onto the yellow card stock. Ink it using vintage photo distress ink and add your journaling to it. Paste it on the bottom right of the page.
10) To create the flower , cut out a flower using any flower template (just use any normal flowers) from the "Inamorato" pattern paper and ink the edges using vintage photo distress ink and a smaller flower from the the "Michiavelli"pattern paper (ink the edges using frayed burlap distress ink). Curl the petals using scissors or twizzer and use some liquid pearls and stickles to embellish it. The title is hand written.
Sources: November Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Prima Marketing; Embellishments: Little Yellow Bicycle verse sticker, Prima Ribbon, Bazzill Just The Edge card stock, Prima brads; Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Ranger liquid pearls, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, floss for stitching, glue dots and other adhesives.