This is my last project for "Queenscraps" August Kit and I'm surprised to find out that the kit is now already "sold out". The owner of "Queenscraps" will be doing international shipping in their future kits. So for those of you who are not in the States, you'll be able to order from them too and there's a 25% off on your first order.
Here are the steps to this card.
1) Use the "Bazzill Embossed Butterfly" card stock as the base for this card. Cut and fold a square shape base for this card.
2) Cut another square piece from the Auckland card stock and ink it with frayed burlap distress ink on the edges. Use a pencil and lightly draw a square around the edges of this card stock and hand stitch on it. (Tip: Make the stitching holes first using pin and crafting foam underneath your card stock, before stitching.) Paste this card stock in the middle of the base card stock.
3) Cover the bottom edges of the Auckland card stock with a strip of adhesive paper ribbon included in the kit.
4) Stamp your sentiment on the Champagne card stock and cut it out. Ink the edges using frayed burlap distress ink. Attach it on the lower right of the card.
5) Use a regular flower from Prima or any other brands to create a template for the flower. You can scan them and adjust the size with your computer. Print it out and trace it onto your pattern papers. I've created 3 sizes from the same flower.
6) Use "Blue and Ivory Damask" pattern paper for the first layer, "Letter Stripes" pattern paper for the second and "Green Floral Damask" pattern paper for the last layer.
7) Stamp and heat embossed the first layer using some gold embossing powder. Use copper embossing powder for the second layer and black embossing powder for the third. Then, ink the edges of all three layers with frayed burlap distress ink for the first layer and black soot distress ink for the second and last layer.
8) Curl the petals pf the flowers using a your tip of your scissors or your twizzer for dimension and fold each petal up.
9) Attach three layers together and add an adhesive pearl in the middle.
10) Use a butterfly stamp (Autumn Leaves) and solvent ink to stamp on the Heidi Swapp ghost butterfly. Add some highlight to it using a white doodling pen and some gold glitters (Stickles). Attach the butterfly to the flower using some mini glue dots.
11) Lastly, attach the flower to the middle of the card.
I hope you all had enjoyed my series of projects using this August Kit. And just to let you all know, I still have loads of stuff left after all these projects.
Due to time constraint, I won't be designing their September Kit. But I will be designing the October and November Kit. So keep an eye for them here.
Sources: August Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: K and Company; Embellishment: K and Company (adhesive paper ribbon), K and Company (adhesive pearl), Heidi Swapp (ghost butterfly). Others not included in the kit: Autumn Leaves (stamp), Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Embossing Ink and powders, uni-ball signo gel pen, Ranger Stickles, floss for stitching, glue dots and other adhesives.