I think it's time for me to do a project that's not a layout using "Queenscraps" Aug Kit. I really love how the pattern papers and embellishment works so well together in this kit.
Here are the steps.
1) Use the Bazzill Truffle card stock to create your base for this card. Fold up a rectangular shape card and on the opening horizontal edge of it, use the "Create your own Scallop Paper Template" technique and trace the scallops to it. Cut out the scallop edge.
2) Cover the front of the card with a piece of "Blue and Ivory Damask" pattern paper (except the scallop edge). Ink the edges of the pattern paper with vintage photo distress ink.
3) Then, Stitch a rectangle around it. (Tip: If you're hand stitching, I would suggest pre-made your stitching holes first. Just use a pencil and draw a rectangle, layer a piece of crafting foam underneath your card and start poking holes using a pin or anything sharp (ie. twizzer) following the rectangle. This would make your stitching much easier.)
4) Use two different adhesive paper ribbon included in the kit (K and Company Blue Awning Line) and cut then into small rectangular pieces and stick them alternately according to the picture above.
5) Cut a small circle from the champagne card stock and ink it with brushed corduroy distress ink. Paste it on the upper left on the card on top of the adhesive paper ribbon strip.
6) Hand draw some swirls or flourishes on to the Bazzill Embossed Butterfly card stock and cut it out. (You could definitely use a die cutting machine or chipboard swirls as templates.) Outline your cut out using a zig pen or black doodling pen. Attach it on top of the circle champagne card stock.
7) Use the velvet green rick rack from May Arts Ribbons (which are included in the kit) to form some loops and attach it behind the Imaginisce Crochet Honeycomb flower using a piece of mini glue dot. Then, attach both to the circle champagne card stock. Add an adhesive pearl to the center of the crochet flower.
8) I've used a stamp to stamp the word "thank you" to the card using some solvent ink.
9) Add some silver glitters (Stickles) around the scallop edge, the circle champagne card stock and the swirls.
I hope you all love this project.
Sources: August Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: K and Company; Embellishment: K and Company (adhesive paper ribbon), K and Company (adhesive pearl), May Arts Ribbons (green velvet rick rack), Imaginisce (crochet flower). Others not included in the kit: Heidi Swapp (stamp), Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, zig pens, Ranger Stickles, floss for stitching, glue dots and other adhesives.