Did I tell you all that I'm a DT of Pandora Willow Tree as well? It's actually a very newly opened online store by a friend of mine. It will be one of the first to carry magnolia stamps in the States. Here's another project that I've created for Pandora Willow Tree and the magnolia is a stamped image from a great friend of mine! Thanks Ying! (I'm actually still waiting for the first batch of magnolia stamps to arrive from them) .
Here are the steps:
1) Get yourself a small notebook from any regular stationery stores. I've chosen a grey covered notebook for this project.
2) Add a strip of pink and black pattern paper towards the bottom of the cover. (You can use any kind of pattern paper for this but try to coordinate it with the overall look of the altered notebook). Use a decorative scissors to scallop one of the edge of the strip. Ink with black soot distress ink on all the edges.
3) Add a strip of white card stock on top of the pattern paper slightly overlapping their edges. Create some faux stitching using a zig pen or black doodling pen on it. Use a decorative scissors to scallop one of the edge too. Ink it's edges with tattered rose distress ink.
4) Add a black sheer ribbon to cover the other edge of the white card stock. You could use glue dots to do this easily.
5) Cut a circle from a black card stock and doodle it using a white doodling pen. I've stamped the word "For You" using some pigment ink on it too. Attach this on the upper right of the cover.
6) I've coloured the magnolia image with some watercolours pencils. Add some doodling with zig pens and glittered (silver Stickles) part of it. Attach the image to the cover using some foam adhesive for some dimension.
7) Covered some raw chipboard hearts with aged mahogany crackle paint. Let it dry and ink the edges and the cracks with some black soot distress ink. Use some silver Stickles to doodle a heart in middle of one of the hearts and outline it with a zig pen.
8) Trace a chipboard flower to a pattern paper and cut it out. Ink the edges with black soot distress ink and curl the petals with a scissors or twizzer. Add a pink crystal heart in the middle of it and paste it on the left of the cover. Add some glossy accents to give a "wet" look to the flower.
This is a very easy altered notebook which is perfect as a gift. So for all your magnolia stamps fans, do check out Pandora Willow Tree when they're officially open for business at the end of this month.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: K and Company; Stamps: Magnolia; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Hampton Art; Others: a regular notebook, uni-ball signo gel pen, Ranger Stickles, watercolour pencils, Ranger Crackle Paint, Ranger Glossy Accents, sheer ribbons, glue dots and other adhesives.