Monday, August 18, 2008
This is another card that I've created for "Pandora Willow Tree". The stamped image is from Ying, a great friend of mine.
Here's the steps.
1) Use a white card stock to create the base card. I've used the "Create your own Scallop Paper Template" technique to create the template for the scallop edge on the right of the card. Ink the edges of the base card using frayed burlap distress ink.
2) Cut out a square piece from a pattern paper. Ink the edges using vintage photo distress ink and paste it in the middle of the card.
3) Paste your image created using the "Split Negative Embossing" technique onto a card stock. Leave some space between the pieces to create a faux window look. Ink the edges of the card stock with frayed burlap distress ink and paste it on the upper half of the card.
4) Use a doodling pen and doodle a row of zig-zag stitches on the right border of the card.
5) Stamp and colour the magnolia image using watercolour pencils. Doodle the dress using doodling pen and add glitters (Stickles) for more details. Attach it to the card using a foam adhesive or pop up adhesive.
6) Stamp your sentiment on the lower left of the card and add two small flowers to it.
7) Tie a ribbon on the left of the card (following the fold).
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Basic Grey; Stamp: Stampin' Up, Heidi Swapp, Magnolia; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Embossing Ink, Ranger Adirondack Ink Pad; Others: Embossing powders, ribbon, flowers, zig pen, watercolour pencils, glue dots and other adhesives.