As per my last post, this is a layout that I've created for Artugolok as their honorary guest designer this month. This is also the first time that I've used the super gorgeous pattern papers from Gaia. Love them!
Here are some of the details on this layout.I've cut out a huge rectangular from the pattern paper and replace it with a piece of acrylic sheet. I've stamped on it to increase it's visibility.
I've mist some distress ink all around the layout to create some contrast in the colours of the layout.
Here's another easy technique to distress your chipboard. Simply just mist some distress ink (do not cover the whole of the chipboard piece) to the chipboard alphas and later, use a cloth or wipe to dab and wipe it. This technique will result in the cool distressed look in the picture above.
How about creating more matching embellishment on your own by stamping on the remaining of the pattern paper and cut it out to embellish the layout.
I've actually cut out the silhoutte from the pattern paper but found it to be too plain for the layout. Therefore, I've used some white solvent ink to stamp on it and tie a ribbon to it.
I've also used some Russian butterfly rub-on and apply it onto a white cardstock and cut it out. Ink it's edges and fold up it's wings for dimension before attaching it to the layout.
I've already finished with the projects for the classes at San Jose, California. I'll just wait for the green light from the organizer before sharing some sneak peeks here. Hope to meet most of you then!
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Gaia; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Prima, Hampton Art; Chipboard: American Crafts; Others: Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Prima flowers and pearls, Melissa Frances resin embellishment, velvet ribbon, twines, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.