Here are the steps to this card.
1) Use a white card stock as the base for this card. Cut out four strips of pattern paper and attach it to the card vertically.
2) Cut out another rectangular piece from a white card stock and distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with distress ink. Use the "cherry blossom tree" stamp and the "Distance" Effect with Stamping" technique to create the stamped images on it.
3) Stamp the "Chinese characters" image using solvent ink on it's lower right too. Mat this piece onto a green card stock and hand stitch around the edges. Paste this piece in the middle of the card.
4) Cut out a bird from a white card stock and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add some Stickles and liquid pearls to dress it up. Paste it to the upper right of the card.
5) Add a strip of ribbon on the bottom of the card. I've used a die-cut "LOVE" and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it onto a black card stock and add some glossy accents to it. Use a white gel pen to doodle some faux stitches on it and attach this piece on bottom of the card.
Isn't this card very simple and easy? So, for those of you who have this set of stamp with you, take it out and try to create something using it. For those who wish to try their luck in winning a set to play with, scroll down to participate in my blog candy.
I'll still be uploading some samples using this stamp set in my next few posts. Be sure to check out February's Get Inked! Kit from QKD. I've designed the stamps and written some technique/projects sheets for it. I'll also be doing some further samples besides the projects that come with the kit hoping to further inspire. So, if you don't want to miss out on it, make sure you sign up on the wait list for February's GI Kit. I think there are only about 2 to 3 kits left.
Sources: Pattern Papers: Prima Marketing; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamp: Queen Kat Designs; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls,Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, floss for stitching, ribbon, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.