Here are page 6 and 7 of my Finland Mini Album. Hope you all are still following this mini album tutorial.
Steps to page 6.
1) Use a white card stock as the base for this page. I've used a Dottie Ann Magic Mesh as a stencil to create the dotted background. Use various distress ink for this step. Ink the edges with distress ink too. At this point, don't paste it down onto the chipboard page yet.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece from a black card stock and distress it using the scissors distressing and tear in technique. Paste it down onto the piece in step 1.
3) Distress the photograph using the same technique above and ink the edges with distress ink. Paste it down onto the piece in step 2.
4) Hand stitch with some red floss in zig-zag stitches all across the photograph and the layers underneath it. Then, attach this piece onto the chipboard page.
5) Stamp some sentiment or words with solvent ink on the upper right of the photograph and another image on top of the photograph.
6) Cut out a small piece of white card stock and stamp a vintage image on it using brown solvent ink. Dab various distress ink all over it and distress it using the scissors distressing and tear in technique. Paste it on the lower left of the page.
7) Cut out a small piece from a notebook paper or ledger paper and add a staple to it's left. Add your journaling here and attach it to the page.
Here are the steps to page 7.
1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this page. Ink it's edges and paste it down onto the chipboard page.
2) Cut out a square piece from a black card stock and a pattern paper. Distress both pieces using the scissors distressing and the tear in technique. Ink the edges of the pattern paper with distress ink and paste both pieces down onto the page.
3) Distress both photographs with the same distressing technique and ink the edges with distress ink. Paste them onto the page too.
4) Cut out a small piece from a notebook or ledger paper and ink it's edges. Add some staples to it's left and attach to the page for journaling.
5) I've added a number "3" rub-on on the top and draw a circle around it with a black pen. Use the black pen to doodle some stitches on one of the photograph too.
6) Use a black floss or thread to tie across the page and add a charm to it. (Do not do this step until you complete the base for page 8 since both pages are sharing the same chipboard piece)
I've had a busy weekend trying to pack some of my projects to be send off for CHA Winter 2009. It's the first time that I send projects to be displayed during CHA. I'm so excited!
Sources: Clear Scraps Chipboard 6x6 Tab Album; Card stock: Core-dinations; Pattern Papers: Jenni Bowlin Studio; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Stamp: Art Warehouse, Norsk Stempelblad AS; Rub-Ons: Jenni Bowlin Studio; Others: Zig Writers, Dottie Ann Magic Mesh, floss for stitching, metal charm, staples, Helmar glue, Zip Dry, glue dots and other adhesives.