Tuesday, February 12, 2008
This is a layout to show my love for Chloe. It took me days to finally get rested and started scrapping again after being too tired and exhausted over the Chinese New Year celebrations. Since I'm still in the celebrations mood, I've decided to create this layout which definitely had the look of the decorations during this celebrations. The main colours during this celebration are gold and red.
These are some of the techniques involved in creating this page.
1. To mat the photograph, I've create my own pattern paper using a card stock and some quote stamps. First, I've torn the card stock on it's edges and then inked it with distress ink. Then I've used various quote stamps to stamp on it usng a few shades of distress ink.
2. I've also created some "Fish Tail" flowers for this layout.
3. I've used a cord to tie two charms at the top of the page and added some beads on the ends.
4. I've printed my journaling onto a vellum and later heat embossed the edges of the vellum with some gold embossing ink. Before attaching it to the page, I've also masked a torn paper design below it.
5. I've created a simple tag and slide it under the photograph too.
6. The big hearts are created using some textures papers. I've also inked and added sequins on it for some bling.
This is a layout that not only show the how much I love Chloe but also my culture. Hope you all like this layout.
Sources: Cardstock: Provo Craft, Pattern Papers: Paper Pizazz, Daisy'ds, Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, Brilliance and Memories, Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Stamps: Making Memories, Chipboards: K&co., Brads: American Crafts, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, Sequins, charms, vellum and ribbons.