Thursday, February 21, 2008
Self Vintage ATC
Recently, I've been very busy trying to get some projects done for a publication. If any of you do subscribed to Ett Trykk, keep watch in your June 2008 issue. Despite all this, I'm able to steal a little time to have some fun. One of my friend in a forum had actually inspired me to try this. She had used a photograph of another friend to create an ATC. Therefore, I've thought what fun would it be, to use your own portrait or a photograph to create a vintage ATC.
These are the steps to my ATC.
1. First, distress the edges of the card stock using the scissors technique.
2. Ink, the edges of the card stock with a distress ink. Choose whatever colour that matched your design and photograph. I've used brushed corduroy and spice marmalade in mine.
3. I've used a pattern paper which I've distressed using the tearing, inking and crinkling techniques to layer the background.
4. I've also used a self torn paper template to do some masking (use distress ink) to the background and stamped on some quotes and a vintage image.
5. I've used a self printed vintage frame, stamp and my portrait in this ATC. After attaching them to the ATC, I've stamped on some flourishes, butterfly and the title, use the "paint to distress" technique and heat embossed the butterfly and the title.
6.Lastly, I've also added some details on my portrait to create a little vintage look to it.
This ATC is definitely a very fun project for me. You can definitely try one yourself too.