Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Fish Tail" Flowers

The inspiration to create this flower came to me while I was watching a Japanese show. There's a lot of designs or logos of fish tails in that show which had gave me this idea.

To create your own "Fish Tail" Flower, simply follow the steps below.


1. First, cut out circles of different sizes from pattern papers. I've used two pattern papers and a vellum to do my layers above.

2. Then cut a "u" into various sections of the circle. It will create some petals on each circle.

3. Lightly fold the petals in halves and snip a "v" on the folded edge. This will give you the "fish tail" petals.

4. Lastly, to create some depths in them, I've inked on the pattern paper layers and heat embossed on the vellum layer. Then layered them to get your "Fish Tail" flower.


I love how the flower had turned out. I hope you all would give it a try too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing
I love your ideas and your creativity
Besos
Marie-Hélène from Madrid (Spain)

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Irene!! I´m all in envy over your details and I LOVE the fishtail flowers!! Thanks for sharing! /Blondie

Anonymous said...

these fishtail flowers are so adorable.

Marsha K. said...

PT - I think this is my favorite LO that you have done so far! The colors are so rich and beautiful and those flowers are fantastic. Great job on the journaling too!!

Unknown said...

THEY LOOK AWESOME IRENE I MAY JUST GIVE THEM A TRY!!! THANKS FOR THE TUTORIAL!

Anonymous said...

awesome inspiration!!! love you! :O) Nina

Hinke said...

I was so inspired by your fish tail flowers that I just had to try them for myself. Although I have to practice much more, I think they look really nice on the layout. Want to see for yourself? Have a look on the next link.
http://www.hinkeltje.com/layouts/picshow.php?choosen_id=353

Bye
Hinke

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Hinke,

Your layout is gorgeous! Glad that you've tried and liked the flower! Great job done!

Marsha said...

Thank you for the details on the fish tail flowers. I really want to try them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin