This is a layout about Ryan goofing around while I'm trying to capture some shots. He is so cute and funny that I just can't resist to scrap these photographs. This is a layout to convey my message about why I love him. Therefore I've named the layout "My Cute Valentine".
This layout is fully inspired by some of my blog readers who had requested to see my "Tertiary Masking" technique on a layout and a good friend of mine who had sent me some crackle medium.
Here are the steps to this layout:
1. I've used the "Tertiary Masking" technique to create the depths on the background.
2. I've created two separate frames from card stock and pattern paper to add some colour to the background. I've doodled and stamped on them for more details.
3. I've used the crackle medium to create the "Crackle effect on frame and tag". I've also stamped and embossed on the tag.
4. I've hand drawn the swirl and heat embossed it with some gold embossing powder.
5. I've also distressed the edges of the photographs using the scissors technique and inking.
6. As for the title, I've paint, crackled and stamped on the letter "C" and "V". The rest are just merely hand written.
This is such a fun layout to create and it's very interesting to me to be able to play with some crackle medium. Hope you all like it!
Sources: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Pattern paper: Basic Grey , Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, Colorbox and Memories, Acrylic Paint: Making Memories, Rub-ons: Urban Lily, Brads: American Crafts, Stamps: Scrap Club, Stampin'Up, Heidi Swapp and Rock Art, Chipboard: Basic Grey, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, Quotes from K&Co, Crackle Medium.