I saw quite a number of layouts using pattern papers cut-outs nowadays. I believed it's a very smart idea and a great technique. Have you tried to add your personal touched to your cut-outs by enhancing it using various simple and fast techniques? I've used some cut-outs in my latest layout titled "Irresistable" (baby gallery) and I've enhanced every piece of my cut-outs in that layout.
I think it's fun to enhance the cut-outs first before using them in your layout. It shows a more personalized embellishment on your layout. You can even add some dimensions to it with a few simple techniques.
To enhance your cut-outs you can use some of the techniques below:
1. Use some paint markers or gel pens to doodle on it.
2. Attached some sequins to it.
3. Add some beadings on it.
4. Multi-layered mattings.
5. Add some small papers, cardstocks or crafting foams punched outs ie. small stars, flowers. circles etc.
6. Add some brads or eyelets.
7. Add some fabric or plastics flowers to it.
8. Inking, chalking or stamp on it.
I believed there are more great ways to enhance the cut-outs. Therefore, try enhancing your cut-outs before using them in your next project. You will never see another layout having the same cut-outs as yours again.