Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life's Portrait

This is the last layout that I've created using Swirlydoos April kit, "The Park Avenue". I really love this photograph because it tells so much about both my kids.

Here are the details.
 I've cut out the frame with the word "Life's Portrait" from the pattern paper and use it as the title of this layout. I've inked it's edges with distress ink first and detail it with rhinestones.
 I've also cut out another tag from another pattern paper and use it to write down the date.
 I've stamped the vinyl frame with a texture stamp and black solvent ink.

I've tied some netting to the frame and arranged it at the bottom of the layout to the left. Use the beads to dress it up and hold the netting together.
 
I've painted the center of each flower with some Shimmerz and dress it up with some Stickles and rhinestones.

I've cut out the bird cage and the frame from the pattern paper and layer them on the lower right of the layout. I've also stamp a bird onto a white cardstock and cut it out to attach to the right of the layout.

 I've cut out the whole flourish or vine with a chandelier attached at the end from the pattern paper. Ink the edges with distress ink and attach it to the left. Dress them up with Stickles and pearls.


I've added a strip of lace on the left of the layout.

Hope you all find this layout inspiring! Swirlydoos May kit is on it's way here and I can't wait to work on it. Hope you all are still following my mini album tutorials at The Crop Spot throughout this week and have a creative week!

Sources: Products included in the kit: Pattern Papers: Robin's Nest, Webster's Pages; Embellishment: Webster's Pages Vellum, Prima pearls and crystals, Prima lace, 7Gypsies photo turns, Pink Paislee Artisan Elements, Prima flowers, Shimmerz, beads, tulle; Others not included in the kit: Bazill Cardstock, Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Tsukineko Staz On, Stampers Anonymous stamp, Anna Griffin stamps, mini brads, floss for stitching, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.

18 comments:

Vanessa said...

The color combination here is so pretty. Also, that is a very special photo of the bond between your kids.

Scrap Mixed said...

Beautiful, beautiful photo!!!!

Glenz said...

I love your work

Electra said...

Both the photo and the LO are beautful!

Stamp Enjoy said...

Beautiful !

Genevieve said...

Love this layout! Looks like you put a lot of love (and time!) into it. :)

Gen

Marta said...

Amazing, just amazing.

~* steph :) *~ said...

gorgeous layout! i love all the intricate details! just beautiful. thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Anonymous said...

Another piece of art !!!
Your creations are so magical !!!
I can stay looking at your blog for hours.
Hugs
Mag :)

Beatemor said...

WOW! What a stunning layout! Makes me wanna take out my own swirlydoos kit! But I guess I have to wait until my new scraproom is done! I love all your work and added myself as a follower to your blog :-)

Carla said...

BEAUTIFUL...............I love that kit..........

Carla said...

BEAUTIFUL.................love that kit.

StephG said...

wow irene! this LO is amazing...luv the colors and all the details! I can just stare at this for days..thank you for sharing ♥

Cindy Gay said...

My favorite embellishments are the inked tags.

Sandra said...

Hello,
I like your Blog, you made beautyful thinks.
And I like HIRO!
Paula

Sandra said...

SORRY!!! YESTERDAY I MUST WRITE HERO NOT HIRO.

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Paula,
You're not wrong. My dog's name is Hiro.

Connie H said...

I love this. You are making me thing that maybe I do want to try scrapbooking after all. I just couldn't get into it because I am more an altered book, art journal sort of person. But this is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE IT! So now how to combine my grandkids pictures with my journals ...hmmm... you have me going now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin