This is just a card that I've created while having some fun with my alcohol inks. Here are the steps to this card.
1) First I've used some alcohol inks to create a stained glass pattern on a glossy photo paper. To create the pattern, you need to apply the alcohol inks onto the applicator and randomly stamped all over the paper. Then you apply some blending solution on the applicator and stamped on the paper again. I've actually created two tones of alcohol inked glossy paper for this card. The purple tone are created using wild plum, denim, butterscotch alcohol inks. The brown tone are created using butterscotch, oregano, expresso alcohol inks.
2) The cute image in this card is not a stamp I owned. It's a stamped image that a friend of mine had sent to me. I've used the purple tone alcohol inked paper and print the image on it using my printer.
3) I've also prepared a piece of white card stock and a smaller black card stock for this card. For the black card stock, I've pre-drawn a window with grills and cut it out.
4) I've cut the brown tones alcohol inked paper in small pieces and attached around the window opening with foam adhesives for dimension.
5) The flourishes are stamped and heat embossed using white embossing powder on a black card stock and later cut it out. I've added some glitters using stickles on the flowers to give a little bling to it.
6) For some softness, I've added some flowers and a ribbon strip on the bottom of the card.
7) I've attached the purple tone alcohol inked paper on the white card stock that I've prepared earlier. I've added a journaling box on it too.
8) I've attached the black window front card stock using an eyelet on the upper left corner of the card. This will enable the front of the card to flip side ways or up for the recipient to read the journaling inside. I've added some ribbons to it for some softness and colours.
9) Lastly, I've added some drops of 3dimensional accents all over the card. These will create rain drops all over the card.
This card is to create a view that the cute image is looking through her window to see the rain outside.
I've entered this card into a challenge held by a friend of mine, Ying. She is having a blog candy challenge. Do check out her blog on my list of blogs on the right if you're interested.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basics Paper, ProvoCraft, Ink: Memories, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Emboss It, Ranger Alcohol Inks and Staz On, Stamps/stamped image: Hanglar & Stanglar, Autumn Leaves, Inque Boutique, Brads: The Paper Studio, Others: uni-ball signo gel pen, stickles, ribbons, eyelet, flowers, embossing powder, glossy accents, alcohol ink blending solution (Ranger), glossy photo paper.