Friday, April 18, 2008

Create Leaves using Alcohol Ink Treated Transparency

I was so excited to get to play with some alcohol inks when one of my friend sent me some to play with all the way from the states. I've had so much fun with it and I will still be experimenting more with it. This is just one of my first experiment with alcohol inks.

Here are the steps to create the leaves as above.

1) I've used two ways of applying alcohol inks to my transparency. I think It's called the "Polished Stone" technique.
The first technique that I've used is what I called the "drip on" method. Simply apply a few drops of a combinations of alcohol inks randomly on the transparency and later use the blending solution and do the same on top of it. The blending solution will create a very interesting design and colours to it. This will give you a more vibrant pattern.
The second technique that I've used is called the "felt" method. I've used the alcohol ink applicator with a felt end for this method. Just apply a few drips of alcohol inks onto the felt and start dabbing and rubbing randomly onto the transparency. Repeat with a few more other colours using the same felt. You will see that the pattern and colours is getting more and more interesting. Add some blending solution too to get an even amazing effect.

2) After the step above, simply just get some leaves stamps and start stamping on it. Then cut it out to be used in your projects.

I just love this technique and it gives such an interesting stained glass look embellishment.

9 comments:

Marsha said...

LOVE the stained glass look!

Unknown said...

Amazingly simple and beautiful! Thank you for sharing the "how to!"

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this looks very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for the share.

Come visit me - http://leasanders.wordpress.com

Thank,
Lea

Anonymous said...

I HAVE GOT TO try this!!! So beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I HAVE to learn!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!
Does it matter what type of ink you use to stamp your leaves with?
(Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm still learning about all the different types of inks)
- Tracy in Vancouver

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Thanks Tracy! You need to use solvent ink to stamp the leaves as you will be stamping on transparency.

Anonymous said...

irene, I WANT that stamp!!! who makes it???? xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin