Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christmas Star Card








This Christmas Star 3D card is actually inspired by one of my blog reader who had actually emailed me for my previous Christmas tree card templates. She had asked me about making another 3D Christmas card which are more simple and can be fit into standard envelopes.

With that, I've taken sometime to think about it and decided to give it a go. I was thinking since my previous Christmas tree card is a standing one, this round I might just want to do a hanging one instead. Therefore, I've decided to do the Christmas star design.

To make this card, simply save the template above and you can enlarge it or even shrink it if you want. Print two pieces of the template onto any of your card stocks or thick pattern papers. Then cut it out.

You can add some details using stamping, inking, doodling, embellishing, embossing or even painting on it. Then punch holes on all the outer tip of the star template. This is to enable you to thread your ribbon through later. You have to punch some holes on the top tip of the stars too in order for you to tie a ribbon or thread for hanging purposes.

On my Christmas star card, I've written my wishes on a small tag and tied it to the ribbon knot in the center of the card.

This card can be folded flat for mailing purposes and the recipient can either keep it or even hang it for display on their tree. I hope that I've not done badly to answer that particular request.

10 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

Wow, this is really gorgeous,just a suggestion, why not you applied for any company's Design Team ? You are so talented!!!

Deborah March said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Thanks so much for sharing your template and your talents with us!

Anonymous said...

your blog is always such an inspiration. You are so talented and your work is AMAZING !!!
Thanks for sharing this... I shall try...

Lyn said...

Lovely star will have to try that after I have a go at your tree.

K Hutchinson said...

Very very stunning! I love it! I must try to make one of these. The it is wonderful they can be mailed!

Leonie said...

Another awesome card thank you! And thank you for sending me thetemplate for the Xmas tree card!

Wati Basri said...

irene,that is lovely!! :)

Anonymous said...

it's wonderfull ... as usual

La fée

Unknown said...

OMG YOUR CHRISTMAS STAR CARD IS JUST STUNNING!GORGEOUS PP'S.

Heidi Anne said...

oh Irene this is so gorgeous!! Thankyou so much for sharing the pattern! your work is so amazing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin