2. Then, I've added layers of pattern paper and paper doiley. To add some details, I've added some stamping, flowers and sequins to it.
1. First I've masked the background using a paper doiley, some distress ink (black soot) and some white pigment ink. I've also distressed the edges of the bookmark using the scissors distressing technique and inked it using some distress ink (black soot). Later I've added layers of pattern paper and paper doileys (I've used the spice marmalade and tea dye distress ink to ink on the paper doiley first).
2. To add some details, I've added some stamping, doodling, flowers and sequins.
2. I've torn out a strip of vellum and inked on the edges using some distress ink. I've sprinkled some embossing powder (antique colour) on the edges and later use a heat tool to emboss it. (Tip: Distress ink can also be used as embossing ink)
3. To add some details to it, I've stamped and embellished it with some flowers.
"Best Friends" bookmark:
6. I've added a flower to soften the overall "sandy rock" look of the bookmark.