Monday, May 27, 2013

Alcohol Ink Technique ATC


It's Monday again and today, I would like to show a published tutorial which I've done sometime ago. This technique is called the "Alcohol Ink Background Technique".

Here are the steps.


For this technique, you need to use a piece of glossy paper. Now, choose two alcohol ink colors and apply them to the glossy paper using an alcohol ink applicator. Turn your applicator when you apply the ink onto the paper to create the circular pattern.

The second step is to randomly drip another third color of alcohol ink onto the paper and follow by drips of alcohol blending solution. Let it dry completely.


After stamping some images using black solvent ink on the ATC, I've also attached a stamp on it. Then, I've inked the grungeboard frame with distress ink and attach it with brads onto the ATC. I've used a brush and some copper alcohol ink to paint on the edges of the frame. To distress the brads, I've painted it with Espresso alcohol ink.

Isn't this easy and simple? Hope this will inspire you to use your alcohol inks in more ways.


Scrapbooking Master Class with Irene Tan. Check it out here!

Sources: Inks/Paints: Ranger Inks, Tsukineko; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Others: Tim Holtz idea-ology grungeboard, metal brads, glossy paper, stamp, beads, Ranger Crackle Accents, Beacon and other adhesives.

4 comments:

Val-Belle said...

Great tutorial. I have some alcohol inks but not used them much. I didn't know that you could use on glossy paper. This is beautiful I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing :D

Unknown said...

Great tutorial!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin